Mercury is about to go retrograde next week on August 12, 2017… half the internet is about to tell you to brace yourself! The technical definition of retrograde is the apparent backwards motion of a planet as observed from Earth. The astrological importance is that when the planet appears to move backwards, it’s astrological associations are altered.
Mercury is associated with communication and travel, so when it goes retrograde, communication tends to break down and travel plans tend to be upended. Mercury is generally retrograde for about three weeks at a time, a few times a year.
There are those that argue Mercury retrograde can be managed with herbs, crystals and careful preparation. There are others that say Mercury retrograde is actually a good thing and can help us develop our communication skills. And, yeah, there are a few who say we’re all doomed for these few weeks of the year!
Here are some of my favorite resources for handling Mercury retrograde:
- The Retrograde Project, Moon and Quartz
- Why Mercury Retrograde Can Actually Be a Good Thing, Well and Good
- Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide with Crystals, Ethan Lazzerini
- Five Crystal Pairings for Mercury Retrograde, Moon and Quartz
- 3 Herbs to Use for Mercury Retrograde, The Witchy Mommy
- Mercury in Retrograde: What the Hell Is It and How Do You Survive?, Yogi Approved
What do you do to get through these sometimes brutal few weeks?