There are two things I associate with Beltane more than anything else: flowers and sweets! This recipe combines both into one delicious treat. Lavender sugar is one of my favorite recipes all year long but it’s especially appropriate at Beltane.
You can stir it into your coffee or tea or sprinkle it on top of pastries brushed with egg before baking. You could even use this special little treat in Beltane spells and kitchen magick!
Lavender, as we know, is associated with sleep, dreams and calming energies. Beltane can be a very powerful time for magick. Stir a little lavender sugar into your tea before bed on May 1st and you might even have a psychic dream or two.
Lavender Sugar Recipe
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2-5 tablespoons fresh or dried lavender buds (to taste)
- Pour the sugar into a small bowl.
- Crush the lavender buds between your hands to release the flavor and scent, slowly sprinkling over the sugar.
- Gently fold the lavender into the sugar with a spoon until it is evenly distributed.
- Pour the lavender sugar into a glass jar and seal tightly. Allow to rest at least a week before using.
What’s your favorite Beltane treat? And can you believe Beltane is almost here already?!