I realize that most of the recipes I share start with “pumpkin chocolate chip” but that’s because I barely cook all year until pumpkin season! And then suddenly all I want to do is eat baked goods.
I made some of this delicious bread as a thank you gift for our neighbors and whipped up an extra loaf for us too! It’s best served slightly toasted from the toaster oven with a smear of butter. Mm, yum.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray two 9×5 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Whisk wet ingredients and spices together in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans, smoothing it with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool in pan, then turn out onto wire racks.
Adapted from Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread