One of my favorite recipes for Mabon, the pagan Thanksgiving, are these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. My mom made these every September when I was a kid and now I carry on the tradition!
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
15 oz pumpkin puree
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cardamom
½ cup oats
¾ cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375º. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and sugars in large bowl with a wooden spoon. Beat in eggs. Stir in pumpkin.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except oats and chocolate chips.
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.